Despite so many awesome features and feedback, many people still looking for a good alternative to WPEngine. WHY? The major drawback of WPEngine is their pricing structure. Undoubtedly WP Engine is doing great with their Managed WordPress plans, but here are Best 7 WPEngine Alternatives for 2020 that you can consider for your blog to better performance.
The basic WPEngine pricing will start from $35/mo which is an incredibly high price. But if you have a WordPress website that is consuming high resources, you need a well-managed WordPress hosting provider like WP Engine. Let’s find out whether other WP Engine competitors are really providing cheaper & better options compared to WP Engine hosting plans.
Why You Need A Managed WordPress Hosting?
WPEngine is a very popular name in the world of managed WordPress hosting. But their high pricing plans are a roadblock for many people as it is really difficult to bear such a high cost for many beginners when we talk about WordPress hosting.
But that doesn’t mean WPEngine is not a good hosting service. In fact, they are one of the most selling WordPress hosting providers. Do you know WHY? Let’s find out the killer features of the WPEngine WordPress hosting service.
- They are the best-managed WordPress hosting provider, which means you don’t have to think anything about your WordPress site management. They will take care of your entire headache to secure & keep your website up & running.
- Their servers & data centers are running on the latest technology to provide you the fast loading website without a single doubt. Choose the data centers as per your target audience country.
- They have customized servers with extremely aggressive caching and even more advanced “stack” than a typical web host.
- WPEngine customer service is incredible. You can’t imagine how much knowledgeable their support executives are and how much responsive their team is to help you to resolve your queries.
- If you buy WPEngine hosting, then you will get the entire collection of StudioPress themes as free of cost. Yes, WPEngine has acquired StudioPress and after that, they started offering all the Genesis child themes as FREE with every WPEngine plan.
Why We Are Looking For WPEngine Alternatives?
Even though they are offering too good services for your website, there are plenty of things to find where WPEngine will increase your hosting budget like anything. It is not possible for a beginner to think about WPEngine if you explore these points.
- Their basic plan starts with $35/mo, which is almost the annual charge of any shared hosting providers. E.g. if you go for cheap hosting providers to start your website, it will not be easy to bear such a huge hosting price. You can buy the SiteGround StartUp Plan by paying $6.95/mo only. For more details, check SiteGround Pricing.
- After paying such a high price for their basic plan, you can only host 1 website.
- Even after paying such high prices you have to bear an extra price for CDN and a few other services.
- You can’t install a couple of plugins when you host your website on WPEngine. You can check out the list of such plugins here.
So, I think this is enough reasons to find out a suitable alternative to WPEngine who can have even better features or cheaper price. Let’s check out the 7 Best WPEngine Alternatives for 2020.
Recommended WPEngine Alternatives For Managed WP Hosting 2020
One thing you have to understand here is that, when you compare WP Engine with other hosting providers, make sure to compare them as per the features they offer. E.g. SiteGround offers 3 plans like StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek. But if you compare SiteGround Vs WP Engine, you will find that SiteGround GoGeek plan is at par with WP Engine plans. Let’s find out the WPEngine alternatives without wasting further time.
1. SiteGround GoGeek Plan (Best WPEngine Alternatives)
SiteGround is one of the recommended WordPress hosting provider out of 3. But I keep SiteGround on top as they have done really good and won the heart of many people by providing very good hosting service & support. If you have to compare SiteGround with WPEngine, then you have to look for their GoGeek plan. That is almost similar to a semi-dedicated hosting plan with lots of features.
This website is hosted on SiteGround GoGeek plan & I highly recommend you to get this plan. You can check my website speed and how I have improved the GTMetrix score with SiteGround & WP Rocket Plugin. Read my detailed review of SiteGround GoGeek hosting Plan. For cheaper SiteGround alternatives you will find lot of options.
Features (WPEngine VS Siteground GoGeek)
- GoGeek Semi-dedicated plan is much faster and secure compared to shared hosting. Right now this blog is hosted on SiteGround GrowBig plan and I will upgrade to GoGeek as soon as traffic will go high.
- You will hardly get any CPU overages alert as GoGeek offers more server resources.
- You will get SiteGround priority support, which means a faster response to your web hosting issues.
- Includes eCommerce features like Wildcard SSL + PCI compliance
- Get better features like Free website transfer, SG Optimizer Plugin for server-side caching, Staging feature, Latest PHP, Auto-updates, Free backup, etc.
- You can host unlimited websites when WPEngine’s basic plan with even higher costs can host only 1 website.
- WPEngine Starter plan has a traffic limit of 25K, where SiteGround GoGeek plan has even more than 1,00,000 traffic every month.
SiteGround GoGeek Pricing:
Although the SiteGround GoGeek plan starts at $34.95/mo, you can enjoy a special SiteGround discount of 70% and grab the GoGeek plan at $14.95/mo only. Where WPEngine doesn’t offer any coupon and their plan starts @ $35/mo which is 3 times expensive. Undoubtedly the #1 WPEngine Alternatives in 2020.
2.Kinsta (Best Wp Engine Alternative By Performance)
When we talk about managed WordPress hosting, then undoubtedly Kinsta is the best WPEngine alternatives in 2020. The best part of Kinsta is that all of their plans are backed up by Google Cloud infrastructure. And that is the reason why Kinsta is doing so well in this space of managed WordPress hosting. This company is founded in 2013 and manage a good reputation as a Best Managed WordPress hosting service.
Features (WPEngine Vs Kinsta)
- They use technology like Nginx, PHP 7, LXD software containers, and MariaDB to make sure your website loads faster.
- They will monitor your website all the time through continuous monitoring for uptime, DDoS attack detection, software-based restrictions, SSL support, and hardware firewalls.
- Kinsta will help you to migrate your website for free of cost without any downtime.
- You can choose from a huge list of 18+ data centers and that is not chargeable like WPEngine.
- When WPEngine charges for any add-ons, Kinsta will provide you such features as FREE of cost. E.g. Geo-IP which allows you to present personalized data to your site visitors based on location – WPengine charges $15 while Kinsta offers it free in all plans.
- Kinsta server-side cache system is very powerful and perfect for hosting any eCommerce website.
- Get a free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt, or install your own.
- All plans include access to a staging site with one-click deployment to the live site.
- They provide a 24/7 live chat channel and ticketing system support, but no phone support.
Like WPEngine, Kinsta also provides 4 different types of pricing plans. And here are their details.
- Starter: $30/mo [1 WordPress install, 20,000 visits, and 5 GB disk space].
- Pro: $60/mo [2 WordPress install, 40,000 visits, and 10 GB disk space].
- Business plans: Starting from $100/mo [3 WordPress install, 100,000 visits, and 15 GB disk space].
- Enterprise plans: Starting from $600/mo [60 WordPress install, 1,000,000 visits, and 80 GB disk space.
3.WPX Hosting: Fastest WordPress Hosting
WPX Hosting has evolved as one of the topmost best-dedicated web hosting providers. Yes, as the internet is getting filled up with many negative reviews of WPEngine, WPX Hosting got some seriously positive reviews from its users so far. Let’s compare the key factors which make WPX Hosting a perfect alternative to WPEngine.
Features (WPX Hosting VS WP Engine)
- When you compare WPEngine with WPX Hosting, the first thing is that you can host 5 websites on the basic plan of WPX Hosting. When in the case of WPEngine, only 1 website.
- You will get FREE CDN service with WPX Hosting when WPEngine will charge extra for CDN.
- WPX hosting is optimized for e-commerce websites to deliver the best.
- WPX Hosting support is incredibly good and they do offer you “fixed for you guarantee”. That means even if your site gets hacked with malware attacks, intrusions, etc, WPX hosting fixes it for you (without taking a penny)
- Their hosting comes with all latest technology & features like SSD storage, staging, DDOS protection, SSL certificates for free, etc
- They do offer free Malware Scanning & Removal which will make sure your website is highly secure.
- They also offer Free website migration service
- If you want to pay your hosting bills month-to-month basis, you can do that as well. But with the annual billing plan, you will be able to save some money.
WPX Hosting Pricing:
WPX Hosting is quite affordable when we talk about managed WordPress hosting providers compared to WPEngine. Although it is expensive compared to SiteGround, remember that SiteGround GoGeek plan is a semi-dedicated shared hosting plan which makes the top of the list due to its features. Besides that, WPX Hosting also provides a sign-up discount. Check out WPX Hosting coupon code now.
4.A2 Hosting Turbo Plan (Affordable WP Engine Alternative)
A2 Hosting is very popular for its Turbo servers, which can give you a 20 times faster website compared to its competitors. So, if you a speed lover and want to invest your money after a good hosting provider the A2 hosting is a recommended one. In fact, if you compare A2 Hosting managed to host plans with WPEngine plans, then you will find more features at an affordable price.
Features (WPEngine Vs A2 Hosting)
- Both A2 Hosting & WPEngine host only 1 Website in their basic plan
- They do allow storage of 10 GB only, but unlimited bandwidth for A2 Hosting
- Enjoy Free SSL, SSD & CDN when WPEngine will charge you for CDN
- Enjoy Turbo (Up To 20X Faster) features in all A2 Hosting Managed WordPress hosting plans
- Get any time money-back guarantee when WPEngine offers a 60-day money-back guarantee only.
A2 Hosting pricing
- 1-SITE: Starting at $11.99/mo 51% Off (was $24.46)
- 3-SITES: Starting at $18.99/mo 51% Off (was $38.75)
- UNLIMITED: Starting at $36.98/mo 51% Off (was $75.48)
5.Hostgator Cloud Hosting [Cheap WPEngine Alternative]
Hostgator is one of the oldest players on this list of best WordPress hosting providers 2019. They are hosting more than 9 million websites so far. HostGator is a very good and cheap hosting company when we talk about shared hosting plans. If you are looking for a cheap alternative to WPEngine, then you can try HostGator Cloud hosting plans.
Features (WPEngine vs HostGator)
- Enjoy Hostgator cloud architecture which will make your website 2.5x time faster.
- Both Hostgator and WPEngine offer 1 website only. But in case you want a multiple website hosted plan, then you can easily upgrade to higher Hostgator Cloud hosting plans. Their business plan comes with 3 sites and priced only $9.95/m which is even 70% cheaper compared to WPEngine.
- Very much easy to use cPanel and simply perform activities like Auto-backup with one-click restores; configurable for full or snapshot backups.
- Worrying about transferring your website to Hostgator, then use their free website migration service, where Hostgator WordPress experts can make it very much smooth for you.
- If your website is having huge traffic, then I think the Hostgator plan is far better as it can hold up to 100K monthly visits where WPEngine only supports up to 25K, simply one fourth at 7 times more cost.
HostGator cloud Starter plan starts @ $4.95/mo only. Where the WPEngine Starter plan starts @ $35/mo which is 6 times expensive. On top of that, you are availing the HostGator coupon code to get an extra 40% discount.
6.Bluehost Managed WordPress Hosting
Bluehost is mostly popular for cheap shared hosting plans where they offer special Bluehost coupons for hosting @ $2.65/mo. But when we talk about managed WordPress hosting, then without any doubt Bluehost is also a good & cheap WPEngine alternative in case of Managed WordPress Hosting. You can read the complete Bluehost review also.
Features (WPEngine Vs Bluehost)
- Bluehost managed hosting use Advanced NGINX architecture & Custom PHP-FPM configuration which makes your website load faster.
- The best part of Bluehost’s managed hosting plan is that they allow 1 million page views which are tremendous in terms of traffic. That means you can easily host a very heavy high traffic news website on Bluehost, compared to WPEngine.
- With integration with MOJO Marketplace, one can easily find plugins, scripts, and more to enhance your site in with just one click.
- WordPress-centric controls – Managing WordPress on your server is simple with our custom-designed control panel.
- As a popular hosting provider, Bluehost offers completely secure WordPress hosting. We integrate powerful SiteLock features so you’re set from day one: SiteLock Security. Advanced CDN, SiteLock WAF
Bluehost Managed Hosting plans start $29.95/mo. But Bluehost offer 50% discount on managed WordPress hosting plans and you can grab this special price of $19.95/mo. You will also get a free domain and free SSL certificate.
Visit Bluehost For More Details
Conclusion: Best WPEngine Alternatives In 2020
So, if you are really worried about the price tag of WPEngine and looking for a good alternative, then the SiteGround GoGeek plan is the perfect match. But make sure you are buying for a maximum duration of 36 months so that you can save maximum.
But if money is not a concern, then I think you can consider StudioPress Sites and WPX Hosting. They are doing really well in recent times and you will get many helpful resources as well.
Remember one thing, the future of your website will solely depend on your hosting provider only. If you have a website with high traffic, consuming high resources and you don’t want much hassle to maintain technical things then you should go for a managed WordPress hosting.
A Quick Recap of WPEngine Alternatives – ( Best Managed WordPress Hosting Providers in India)
- SiteGround (70% Off Special Price of $11.95/mo)
- Kinsta (Pay yearly and get 2 months free. Save $60!)
- WPX Hosting ( 50% Off On First Month Billing)
What is the best WPEngine alternatives 2020 according to you? Write a comment below and share your feedback.